Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Must Insist You Eat Steel


My latest Solid Steel mix is now available as a .mp3 download over at b00mb0x.

For the whole story behind this mix and my history with Solid Steel, there's a nice post at bosbos.net

The short version - the solid steel guys asked if I could do a "best of Megatrip" mix... taking my six previous solid steel mixes - boiling them down to the best bits. here's the result - one hour of jazz pop, hip hop, funk, soul, reggae covers, 70s pop and a touch of drum and bass in the middle somewhere. Uptempo stuff for the most part -- I Insist You Eat Steel!

click here to go to b00mb0x and download this mix. hope you like it!


KING MEGATRIP - I MUST INSIST YOU EAT STEEL
27 MAY 2008

01 Beastie Boys - Sabrosa (grand royal)
02 Gary Wright - Love is Alive (warner brothers)
03 3rd Bass - Wordz of Wizdom (def jam)
04 DJ Boom - Feel Good Tonight (dcide)
05 Blackalicious - Alphabet Aerobics (mo'wax)
06 The Hardknox - Fire Like This (skint)
07 Dinah Washington/Brooks Benton - Baby (You've Got What It Takes) (verve)
08 DJ Shadow - Giving Up The Ghost (mo'wax)
09 Accidental Heroes - Beserk (science fiction)
10 John Coltrane - Blue Train (blue note)
11 Solid Steel 2001 SKIT
12 Billy Stewart - Secret Love (chess)
13 Lattimore Brown - Yak-A-Poo (goldmine)
14 Henry C. & The Ivy Leaguers - Country Girl (action)
15 Bobby Byrd - Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours (polygram)
16 Patrizia & Jimmy - Trust Your Child (part 1) (goldmine)
17 Spencer Wiggins - He's Too Old (goldwax)
18 The Third Wave - Love Train (mps)
19 JJ Jackson - But It's Alright (calla)
20 Tomorrow's Children - Bang! Bang! (federal)
21 Norma Fraser - The First Cut Is The Deepest (soul jazz)
22 Toots & The Maytals - (Take Me Home) Country Roads (trojan)


____________________________________

mega what?!
my ebay store | download Megatrip mixes
____________________________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bizarro i love you. Bizarro i love you. Can't remember if that Bizarro murphy sample (enough, it is now clear to me that this calls for stronger methods of....persuasion) from sealab 2021 is on this mix but had me in stitches when i heard it. Keep up the good work fella. Have been listening to your skills for years now. And introduced many to your style here in England.

Haydz

King Megatrip said...

thanks very much for the kind words Haydz... I think I used that sealab 2021 sample in my "poultry workers..." mix -- but glad you're digging the mixes!

right on....